FG Stops Evacuation Of Nigerians From South Africa

The Buhari led Federal Government has announced a stop to the evacuation of Nigerians living South Africa who were victims of the recent xenophobia attacks.

A statement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs made the declaration on Thursday.

The statement noted that Xenophobia attacks that led to the evacuation had stopped adding that, Nigerians were however free to return to the country whenever they choose to.

It could be recalled that over 500 Nigerians were evacuated from South Africa following the xenophobia attack on Nigerians living in the country.

The evacuation ban came following the state visit of President Buhari to South Africa last week.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman, Ferdinand Nwonye, told newsmen that peace has been restored following agreement signed during Buhari’s visit to the country.

He said “People can come back, but normalcy has been restored. What the Air Peace Airline did was on humanitarian grounds. The issue of evacuation does not arise anymore because there is no situation warranting evacuation.

“Yes, there is none, all of us know that. There are some Nigerians that are not doing well and if we help them to return, that is on humanitarian grounds.”

%d bloggers like this: