At least one person has been reportedly killed as gunmen stormed Anambra, razed Secretariat.
- The incident took place on Thursday morning. Eyewitnesses said the deceased was one of the security men in the Council Secretariat.
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Gunmen on Thursday morning stormed Nnewi South Local Government Secretariat in Anambra killed one person and burned down the council building.
The incident took place on Thursday morning. Eyewitnesses said the deceased was one of the security men in the Council Secretariat.
Tension enveloped the Council with residents fearing for their lives.
The burning is suspected to have been carried out by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
Ukpor in Nnewi South is the local government area of some notable politicians, including the first Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amechi, 92; former House of Representativesmember, Hon Cyril Maduabom and former Anambra Speaker Hon Rita Maduagwu among others.
Confirming the incident, Anambra Police spokesman, Ikenga Tochukwu, said he has not ascertained the number of casualties yet.
He said operatives had been deployed to the area while men of the State Fire Service were already on the round to quench the fire.
Tochukwu further said Anambra Commissioner of Police had gone to the scene to assess things for himself.
You May Also Like: Train Attack: FG Asks Nigerians To Raise Money For Victim’s Treatment
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611