Buhari’s Aide Confirms Jonathan Now APC Member.
- Bashir made the confirmation in a post via his Twitter page on Thursday while responding to those who doubted his earlier prediction that the former President will defect to the ruling party.
- ‘I’m Forced To Pay DSTV Bills For My Fellow Inmates’ — Abba Kyari Cries Out From Prison
- 2023: 5 Things I Will Do As President Of Nigeria – Tinubu
- Why I Haven’t Named Those Behind Insecurity In Imo —Uzodimma
EKO HOT BLOG reports that President Muhammadu Buhari’s aide, Bashir Ahmaad has confirmed Goodluck Jonathan’s defection to the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Bashir made the confirmation in a post via his Twitter page on Thursday while responding to those who doubted his earlier prediction that the former President will defect to the ruling party.
His tweet read:
“When I shared the news of former President Jonathan joining our party, his uninformed supporters insulted me saying it can never happen even in the wildest dream.
“They should know that we know something they don’t know and not everything is planned and executed on social media.”
When I shared the news of former President Jonathan joining our party, his uninformed supporters insulted me saying that can never happen even in the wildest dream. They should know that we know something they don’t know and not everything plan and execute on social media.
— Bashir Ahmad (@BashirAhmaad) May 12, 2022
Recall that the N100 million nomination and expression of interest forms of the ruling party was reportedly bought for former President Jonathan by a northern group on Monday.
Although Jonathan denied knowledge of the form, in the same evening, the former President paid a visit to the National Chairman of the APC and former Nasarawa State Governor, Abdullahi Adamu, at his residence in Abuja.
Sources confirmed that the former President was at Adamu’s residence to seek assurance of the APC before he could decamp from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the ruling party.
- [BREAKING] 2023: Buhari Orders Emefiele, Other Appointees To Resign
- JUST IN: Justice Mary Odili Set To Bow Out Of Judiciary
- BREAKING: Chaos As Angry Passengers Block Abuja Airport Over Flight Delays [PHOTOS]
Sources privy to their discussions told newsmen that although the APC Chairman welcomed the former President to the ruling party, there was absolutely no assurance that he could be handed the party’s presidential ticket.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611