Erik Ten Hag Makes Final Decision On Harry Maguire’s Man Utd Future.
- The England international suffered a disastrous drop in form last season and was vilified by supporters for his poor displays.
- Ajax Issue Warning To Man Utd Over Antony, Lisandro Martinez Deals
- Confirmed: Man Utd ‘Close In On First Summer Signing’ With Club Reps Flying To Amsterdam Today
- Erik Ten Hag Reveals Plans For Alejandro Garnacho Next Season
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Manchester United boss, Erik ten Hag plans to keep Harry Maguire at the club next season but has given the defender no assurances over remaining captain.
The England international suffered a disastrous drop in form last season and was vilified by supporters for his poor displays.
Maguire, an £80m signing from Leicester City in 2019, was named club captain just six months into his stint at the Theatre of Dreams but he felt undermined following Cristiano Ronaldo and Raphael Varane’s arrivals.
The defender had been worried about his future at the club but reports suggest that he’s in Ten Hag’s plans for next season.
Ten Hag believes in Maguire’s ability to play out of defence, while he feels he can repair his confidence issues.
However, the Dutchman has not yet decided whether Maguire will remain club captain and he’s considering appointing a new skipper.
Cristiano Ronaldo, David De Gea and Bruno Fernandes are all candidates should Maguire lose the captaincy.
United are yet to make a signing this summer, with the club focused on securing Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong.
- Confirmed: Barcelona In advanced Talks With Key Chelsea Target
- Gary Neville Tells Erik Ten 4 Signings To Make This Summer Transfer Window
- Saka Makes Stance On Arsenal Future Amid Man City, Liverpool Links
Christian Eriksen has been offered a contract but the Dane is mulling over offers from Tottenham and Brentford.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611