Categories: Metro

Twitter Removes Vice President Osinbajo’s Post For Copyright Violation Of Beyonce’s Song

  • Twitter has removed Vice President Osinbajo’s post for copying violation of Beyonce’s song.

EKO HOT BLOG reports that Social media giant, Twitter has removed Vice President Yemi Osinbajo’s post for copyright violation of Beyonce’s song.

On March 8, the vice-president posted a video in commemoration of International Women’s Day. Beyonce’s song ‘Run the World’ was used as the video’s audio.

Read Also: Buhari Is Stingy – Femi Adesina Says, Explains Why

A Twitter user, @olayknowless, had notified the social media giant about the tweet, alleging that Osinbajo has “never done his job properly” and is allegedly using the American music star’s song “without permission” and for violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”).

“Ma’am @Beyonce, Nigeria’s current Vice President who has never properly done his job has used your song without permission, ask Jack your good friend to take care of his account In accordance with DMCA violation penalties,” the user wrote.

The microblogging site took down the tweet afterwards, though the exact day this was done is not known.

“This tweet has been withheld in response to a report from the copyright holder,” Twitter said on the post.

The removal of the post went viral on Wednesday, shortly after the user who made the complaint discovered that action had been taken.

In June, Twitter deleted President Muhammadu Buhari’s tweet where he threatened to treat Nigerians “misbehaving” in “the language they understand”.

In the tweet, Buhari cited the civil war and threatened to deal with those “bent on destroying” Nigeria through “insurrection”.

“Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand,” he had said.

The microblogging site deleted the message the next day after a public outcry.

The government on June 4 announced the indefinite suspension of Twitter in Nigeria afterwards.

The government, however, said the suspension had nothing to do with the deletion of the president’s tweet.

 

Click below to watch our video of the week:

 

You May Also Like: Ugandan Bride Goes Into Coma One Day After Wedding, Dies One Week Later

Sodiq Lawal

Share
Published by
Sodiq Lawal

Recent Posts

How Bomb Explosion in Lagos was Triggered by Scavenger

The unfortunate incident happened when the  scavenger was attempting to dismantle military-grade grenades found among…

58 minutes ago

Lagos Set to Host Inaugural Eko Flavours Junior Culinary Contest

Participants of Eko Flavours Junior Culinary Contest will benefit from culinary mentorship sessions with leading…

1 hour ago

P-CNGi, LNG Arete Partner in $27.3 Million Deal to Expand CNG Access

The P-CNGi will invest $6 million, LNG Arete Ltd. will contribute $12 million The partnership…

1 hour ago