Eko Hot Blog reports that Nigerian sprint icon Tobi Amusan has bounced back from a disappointing outing at the World Athletics Championship to win the Diamond League trophy for the third consecutive time.
- Group Demands Investigation Into Alleged Corrupt Verdicts By Election Petition Tribunals
- Police Declare Killer Of Slain Rivers DPO Wanted
- Mohbad Laid To Rest Amidst Tears (Video)
On Sunday in Oregon, Amusan clocked a season’s best 12.33s to emerge winner of the keenly contested 100m hurdles event. This makes her the second woman in Diamond League history, after Dawn Nelson-Harper, to win a hat-trick of 100m hurdles titles.
Amusan’s victory is a remarkable achievement, given the challenges she has faced in recent months. In July, she was temporarily suspended by the Athletics Integrity Unit for missing three whereabouts tests. However, she was cleared to compete two days before the World Championships in Budapest.
Despite her suspension, Amusan vowed to come back stronger, and she has kept her promise. Her victory in Eugene is a testament to her resilience and determination.
- Imo Guber: LP Inaugurates 481-Member Campaign Council
- Niger Junta Suspends Military Deal With Benin Republic
- Tribunal Judgement: ‘We Never Asked Atiku, Obi’s Lawyers For Apology’ – PANDEF Debunks Reports
Amusan’s success is also a source of pride for Nigeria. She is one of the country’s most decorated athletes, and her achievements have inspired many young Nigerians to pursue their dreams.
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611