- Journalists Stranded As Adamu Evicts Them From APC Secretariat
- The eviction of the journalists from the press centre may not be unconnected with the inability of Adamu to walk up the stairs to access his office on the third floor.
- You’re Goats – Adeboye’s Son, Leke Slams RCCG Pastors
- MKO Abiola’s Daughter Takes Shot at Sister for Comparing Late Dad With Yahaya Bello
- Lekki-Ikoyi Tollgate: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes, Agrees on Tolling Concessions
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Abdulahi Adamu, Tuesday, left the journalists covering the activities of the party stranded following his eviction order.
Adamu, 75, emerged as the national chairman of the party at the national convention held on March 26 through consensus.
The eviction of journalists at the press centre within the party secretariat, which started as a rumour, was eventually confirmed when the party started renovation works at the Media and Publicity office, which is beside the press centre on the ground floor of the Secretariat.
The development forced the journalists to take refuge under the tree from where they filed their reports.
EKO HOT BLOG gathered that the eviction of the journalists from the press centre may not be unconnected with the inability of Adamu to walk up the stairs to access his office on the third floor.
Since Adamu started coming to the secretariat, it always takes about 20 minutes or more to walk up the stairs.
His inability to go through the rigours of climbing the stairs is attributed to his age
It was gathered that Adamu will convert the Media department of the party and the press centre to his office pending the installation of lift at the party secretariat.
A staff of the party that informed journalists about the development said the party was “remodelling”, noting that that was the reason the staff of the media department and the journalists were evicted.
“We are remodelling the secretariat, my office is also affected. As I am talking to you, I have no office now,” he said.
At the moment, the media and publicity department will now be making use of the National Executive Committee (NEC) office, while the remodelling or renovation lasts.
- Pastor Demolishes Church After Wife Was Caught With Assistant Pastor
- 200 Terrorists Attack Kaduna Airport, One Dead, Ground Lagos-Bound Aircraft
- Police Arrest Hunter For Killing, Burying Fulani Herdsman In Ogun
They have not provided any alternative for journalists covering the governing party
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611