EKO HOT BLOG reports that in a tragic incident on Tuesday, Ago, Okota area of Lagos witnessed a devastating accident when a vehicle, being pursued by a Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) official, collided with a tricycle, resulting in the loss of lives.
Among the victims were a pregnant woman and her two children, along with the tricycle driver.
- Police Investigate Alleged Poisoning Of Tinubu’s Minister
- Reactions As Lady Pushed Out Of Vehicle Dies In Abuja
- BREAKING: Tribunal Affirms Agbu Kefas As Elected Taraba Governor
Eyewitnesses alleged that one of the LASTMA officials at Okota Roundabout was trying to take over the steering of a Toyota Sienna vehicle from the driver while in motion.
It was alleged that the driver had violated traffic rules.
In the process, the vehicle reportedly lost control and rammed into a tricycle on Bayo Oyewale Street.
The pregnant woman was said to be taking her children to school when tragedy struck.
The incident sparked a protest, as an irate mob descended on the LASTMA official.
However, the timely intervention of a team of policemen saved the official from being lynched, as the officers fired tear gas cannisters to disperse the mob.
The policemen also cleared the barricade mounted on the road by the protesters, as they whisked the LASTMA official away.
Below are more images from the scene:
- Gunmen Attack Ondo Church, Abduct 25 Members
- Kano Governor, Yusuf Issues Fresh 116 Appointments, Aides Rise Above 400
- IPOB Issues Warning To Southeast School Ahead Of October 1st Independence Day
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611