Ukraine War: US To Send $800m Military Aid To Ukraine As NATO Prepares For Long Fight.
- Speaking after a NATO summit, Biden said the United States and its NATO allies were united in standing up to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Ukraine War: West Must ‘Prepare For War’, Says Ex-Nato Chief As Putin Unleashes Cruise Missiles In Ukraine
- Elon Musk Stages $43bn Hostile Takeover Of Twitter
- Ukraine Crisis: Russia In Retreat As Putin Appears To Admit Defeat In Battle For Kiev
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the US President, Joe Biden said on Thursday that the United States will provide another $800 million in weapons and military aid to Ukraine, hailing the courage of Ukrainians since Russia invaded in February.
Speaking after a NATO summit that saw the alliance also agree to take in Finland and Sweden, Biden said the United States and its NATO allies were united in standing up to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“I don’t know how it’s going to end, but it will not end with Russia defeating Ukraine,” Biden told a news conference. “Ukraine has already dealt a severe blow to Russia.”
Biden, who appeared to be readying allies for a long conflict in Ukraine despite talk in March of a possible victory, added:
“We are going to support Ukraine for as long as it takes.” He declined to give more details.
The pending formal announcement of more weapons would come on top of the more than $6.1 billion already announced by the United States since Russian forces rolled into Ukraine on Feb. 24 and brought full-scale war back to Europe.
The plans for fresh aid, as NATO repositions itself again on a Cold War footing with a massive forces build-up, came as Ukrainians used Howitzers to retake the strategic outpost of Snake Island.
Biden had earlier pledged more American troops, warplanes and warships for Europe as NATO agreed to strengthen its deterrents, putting more than 300,000 troops on high alert from the middle of next year.
- Ukraine Crisis: Powerful Explosions Rock Kyiv After Russian Warship Sinks
- Ukraine Crisis: US To Give Heavier Weapons To Ukraine As Russia Plans Next Assault
- Ukraine Crisis: Russian Soldiers Raping Many More Ukrainian Women, Says MP
The U.S. is doing exactly what I said we would do if Russia invaded, enhance our force posture in Europe,” Biden said. “The United States is rallying the world to stand with Ukraine.”
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611