5 Killed As Okada Riders, Traders Clash In Abuja
- An accident involving a bike man led to the break down of law and order in the community
- Many Feared Dead As Explosion Rocks Kano
- 2023 Presidency: Ohanaeze Threatens Boycott Of Polls Over Zoning
- Niger-Delta Youth Group Sends Strong Warning To Wike Over Dagogo Detention
EKO HOT BLOG reports that at least five persons have been reportedly killed and houses set on fire in a clash between traders and okada riders at Dei Dei, a community in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
According to reports an accident involving a bike man led to the break down of law and order in the community.
Five persons that I know have been killed in this incident. We have been calling for security intervention to no avail,” said the resident who pleaded anonymity told the Press.
“We are really worried that this crisis is tilting towards ethnic dimension.”
The traders were said to have attacked the rider, whom they blamed for recklessness which led to the death of the passenger.
The okada riders colleagues reportedly moved to rescue him from the attackers and the situation degenerated afterwards.
Another account has it that the driver of the trailer which crushed the passenger to death was attacked and some persons mobilised to defend him.
Watch Video below
Happening right now in Dei Dei axis of Abuja💔
Please avoid the route if you can
— CLINTON (@Clinton_Brown_) May 18, 2022
- Chaos As Angry Passengers Block Abuja Airport Over Flight Delays [PHOTOS]
- 2023: Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Others Fail To Agree On Consensus
- Police Take Over PDP Secretariat In Abia
Click to watch our video of the week
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611