Vladimir Putin is mulling what ‘further steps’ to take against Britain over Nord stream attack allegations.
EKO HOT BLOG reports that Russia is considering what “further steps” to take against Britain after alleging that the UK was responsible for an attack on the Nord Stream undersea gas pipelines.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said: “Our intelligence services have data indicating that British military specialists were directing and coordinating the attack.
Russia’s defense ministry said on Saturday that British navy personnel had blown up the Nord Stream pipelines in September, an assertion that London said was false and designed to distract from Russian military failures in Ukraine.
“There is evidence that Britain is involved in sabotage … a terrorist act against vital energy infrastructure,” Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters.
“Such actions cannot be put aside. Of course, we will think about further steps. It definitely cannot be left like this,” Peskov said.
The Kremlin has not provided evidence to support its claims Britain was behind the ruptures on the Nord Stream pipelines, which have threatened to put the multi-billion-dollar gas link permanently out of use.
The Kremlin also said no decision had been taken on whether to repair the Russian-controlled pipelines.
Peskov said the Kremlin was awaiting an expert assessment of the damage and that no decisions had yet been taken on the future of Nord Stream 1 or Nord Stream 2.
Sweden last week ordered additional investigations to be carried out on the damage.
Authorities in both Sweden and Denmark have concluded the gas leaks were caused by explosions but have not said who might be responsible.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611