- Gunmen Attack Adeleke’s Convoy After Visit To Osogbo Monarch
- The governor arrived at the palace at about 3:15pm in a convoy of about 20 vehicles
- Abiodun Ojelabi said he was still awaiting the exact details and promised that an official statement would be issued
There was tension in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, on Wednesday after suspected hoodlums reportedly attacked the convoy of Governor Ademola Adeleke shortly after his visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.
Eko Hot Blog reports that Adeleke had visited the monarch to present his certificate of return issued by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) following his victory in the August 15 governorship election.
EDITOR’S PICK
- Mr. President, Osun Has Warned You: The Abuja Boys May Not Know the People
- How Lagos Is Raising a New Generation of ‘Eco Heroes’
- Beyond the Glamour: The Hidden Price Celebrities Pay for Looking Perfect
The governor arrived at the palace at about 3:15pm in a convoy of about 20 vehicles.
However, shortly after receiving prayers from the traditional ruler, suspected hoodlums reportedly opened fire on the governor’s convoy, prompting security personnel attached to Adeleke to respond.

The exchange of gunfire reportedly lasted between 12 and 15 minutes, causing tension around the palace and its environs.
The Osun State Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi, confirmed the attack, saying the governor’s security personnel successfully repelled the assailants.
“They are hoodlums, and the governor’s security repelled them. They attacked the governor’s convoy at Ataoja’s palace. No casualty,” Alimi was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, the Osun State Police Command said it was yet to receive full details of the incident.
The command’s spokesperson, Abiodun Ojelabi, said he was still awaiting the exact details and promised that an official statement would be issued.
As of the time of filing this report, no casualty had been reported in the incident.
The attack occurred days after Adeleke was declared the winner of the Osun State governorship election and underscores the security concerns surrounding political activities in the state.
FURTHER READING
- UBEC Gives Dropout Girls, Young Mothers Second Chance With Agboju School
- Prepaid Water Meters Will Hurt Poor Households, CAPPA Warns Lagos
- US Diplomat Brandon Hudspeth Arrives in Lagos to Lead Consulate
Click here to watch video of the week





