- Residents Cry Out to Wike as Floods Disrupt Movement Across Abuja
- Floodwaters submerged vehicles and disrupted movement along major routes.
- Residents appealed to Wike for urgent intervention on affected roads.
Abuja residents have appealed for urgent intervention after heavy rainfall caused flooding across several parts of the Federal Capital Territory on Saturday, August 15.
EDITOR’S PICKS
- Olodo Uprising: Sanwo-Olu Advises Youths to Embrace Knowledge, Curiosity
- BBN Season 11 Kicks Off with Unveiling of 24 Housemates Competing for ₦160m Grand Prize
- Why Africa Must Stop Exporting Raw Materials, Lessons From Benin for Nigeria
EKO HOT BLOG reports that
The rainfall overwhelmed roads and residential areas, disrupting movement, leaving motorists stranded and forcing some businesses to shut temporarily.
Several locations were affected, including Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent in Wuse 2, the area around Delight Event Centre in Gudu and parts of Efab Estate in Lokogoma.
The bridge linking Gaduwa and Durumi was also affected, with floodwaters making movement difficult for motorists and pedestrians.
Several vehicles were reportedly submerged, while some buildings were surrounded or covered by floodwaters.
Many commuters were forced to seek alternative routes to avoid getting trapped or exposing their vehicles to the floodwaters.
A resident who captured the situation along the Ebeano Gudu Road appealed to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, to intervene and address the flooding.
In a video circulating online, the resident described the condition of the bridge and the difficulties faced by commuters trying to move between Gudu and Ebeano.
“Dear Honourable Minister of the FCT, please come to our rescue. This is the current situation of Ebeano/Gudu Road. The bridge is flooded.
“People coming from Gudu junction can’t cross; people coming from Ebeano can’t get to Gudu. Mr Project, please come and help us,” the resident said.
The flooding has once again highlighted the difficulties faced by residents and motorists when heavy rainfall overwhelms roads and drainage systems across parts of the capital.
Meanwhile, the FCT Minister has shut the Secretariat of the dissolved Ad hoc Committee on Sales of Federal Government Houses in the FCT.
The development was announced in a statement issued last Wednesday by the Senior Special Assistant on Public Communications and Social Media to the FCT Minister, Lere Olayinka.
Olayinka said Wike had also approved the creation of a division within the Department of Land Administration to handle matters relating to the sale of Federal Government Houses in the FCT.
The responsibility was previously handled by the dissolved Ad hoc Committee.
According to the statement, the Secretariat remained operational after the committee completed its assignment to address issues arising from its activities.
However, the minister has now formally shut the Secretariat alongside the dissolved committee.
“With the formal closure of the Secretariat, the general public is enjoined to henceforth, approach the Department of Land Administration on all issues relating to sale of Federal Government Houses in the FCT,” the statement read.
The FCT Administration also warned residents to be cautious of individuals claiming to be staff, officers or members of the dissolved committee and its Secretariat.
It stressed that both the committee and its Secretariat no longer exist following their formal closure.

Residents were therefore advised to direct matters concerning the sale of Federal Government Houses to the Department of Land Administration.
FURTHER READING
- Reps Probe N1.32bn Foreign Investment Council
- Abike Dabiri-Erewa Urges Nigerian Youths to Dream Big, Embrace Resilience
- Obi or Tinubu? Fresh Claims Emerge Over Obasanjo’s 2027 Political Allegiance





