Tragedy as fire guts petrol station, kills 7 in Jigawa.
- The Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has confirmed that seven persons died in the fire outbreak that engulfed a petrol station at Al-Masfa in the Kaugama Local Government Area of Jigawa.
- You’re Goats – Adeboye’s Son, Leke Slams RCCG Pastors
- MKO Abiola’s Daughter Takes Shot at Sister for Comparing Late Dad With Yahaya Bello
- Lekki-Ikoyi Tollgate: Sanwo-Olu Intervenes, Agrees on Tolling Concessions
The Jigawa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps has confirmed that seven persons died in the fire outbreak that engulfed a petrol station at Al-Masfa in the Kaugama Local Government Area of Jigawa.
The command Public Relations Officer, Mr Adamu Shehu, who confirmed the incident in Dutse on Tuesday, told newsmen that the cause of the fire incident could not be ascertained as of the time of filing the report.
Shehu explained that it took the combined effort of the corps, fire service and other security personnel to put out the fire.
“The fire engulfed a building which serves as an administrative block and accommodation to the station’s personnel.
“Unfortunately, some of the victims were sleeping while others were resting after the exhaustion of the day.
- Pastor Demolishes Church After Wife Was Caught With Assistant Pastor
- 200 Terrorists Attack Kaduna Airport, One Dead, Ground Lagos-Bound Aircraft
- Police Arrest Hunter For Killing, Burying Fulani Herdsman In Ogun
“As a result, six of the victims died on the spot while one other gave up the ghost after being taken to the hospital.”
He gave the names of the deceased as Nasiru Umar, 30; Abdulkadir Nura, 25; Dahawi Garin-Babale 35; Hamza Adamu, 15; Sulaiman Garin-Babale, 35; Idris Adamu, 40; and Salisu Garin-Babale, 40.
Click to watch our video of the week:
Advertise or Publish a Story on EkoHot Blog:
Kindly contact us at [email protected]. Breaking stories should be sent to the above email and substantiated with pictorial evidence.
Citizen journalists will receive a token as data incentive.
Call or Whatsapp: 0803 561 7233, 0703 414 5611