-
Davido dismissed reports of an attack on Governor Adeleke’s convoy.
-
The singer said a fight occurred outside the monarch’s palace.
- Adeleke visited the palace after receiving his INEC Certificate of Return.
Nigerian Afrobeats star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports that gunmen attacked the convoy of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke.
Davido described the reports as false, saying the incident was a fight that occurred outside the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo and was not directed at the governor.
EDITOR’S PICKS
- Police Recover Locally Made Landmine After Explosion On Zamfara Road
- Doctor Explains Ogogo’s Cancer Care as Daughters Seek Help
- Philippines School Shooting: Student Livestreams Killing Another Schoolmate Before Taking Own Life
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the reported incident occurred on Wednesday in Osogbo, shortly after Governor Adeleke visited the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.
Reports had claimed that suspected gunmen attacked the governor’s convoy after his visit to the monarch’s palace, resulting in an exchange of gunfire with security personnel attached to the governor.
According to reports, the shooting lasted between 12 and 15 minutes and occurred shortly after Adeleke left the palace hall where he had met with the monarch.
The governor had visited the Ataoja after leaving the Osun State headquarters of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Osogbo, where he received his Certificate of Return following his re election.
An eyewitness said Adeleke and members of his entourage were received by Oyetunji, who reportedly presented his Certificate of Return to the monarch.
The eyewitness said the situation became tense as the meeting was coming to an end after the monarch offered prayers.
She said Adeleke had already left the hall through an exit designated for the monarch and his wives when the shooting began.
However, Davido rejected the reports in a post on his verified 𝕏 account on Wednesday evening.
The singer said the incident was unrelated to the governor and occurred outside the palace.

“Lies! It was a fight outside the palace that had nothing to do with us. The people love his excellency,” Davido wrote.
The clarification came amid reports of gunfire around the palace following the governor’s visit.
FURTHER READING
- Osun: APC Candidate, Oyebamiji Speaks After Losing To Adeleke
- Oba Ogunlaja Accepts NBA Epe Patronage, Pledges Support For Justice And Peace
- Abuja Flooding: Wike Visits Maitama, Inspects Drainage Channel





