- EFCC Lifts Restriction on Osun Government Accounts After Tinubu’s Order
- The accounts were restricted during an investigation involving about ₦11 billion.
- Presidential aide Temitope Ajayi confirmed the accounts were immediately reopened.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has lifted the restriction placed on the Osun State Government’s bank accounts following a directive from President Bola Tinubu.
The accounts, held by First Bank of Nigeria and Zenith Bank, were frozen earlier in August as part of an investigation into the alleged misuse of public funds in the state.
EDITOR’S PICKS
- Police Recover Locally Made Landmine After Explosion On Zamfara Road
- Doctor Explains Ogogo’s Cancer Care as Daughters Seek Help
- Philippines School Shooting: Student Livestreams Killing Another Schoolmate Before Taking Own Life
EKO HOT BLOG reports that he accounts had resumed normal operations.
The EFCC had issued a Post No Debit instruction on the accounts on August 5.
The commission said the restriction was linked to an investigation that began in March 2026 into the alleged handling of about ₦11 billion in Ecology Funds, Intervention Funds and allocations received from the Federation Account Allocation Committee.
The development later attracted the attention of President Tinubu, who directed the EFCC to remove the restriction and reopen the accounts.
The President had described the EFCC action as embarrassing and called for the state government’s accounts to be reopened.
Following his victory in the election, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke also directed the state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwole Jimi-Bada, SAN, to withdraw the legal action filed against the EFCC over the restriction on the accounts.
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Temitope Ajayi, confirmed that the restriction had been removed.
According to Ajayi, the EFCC acted on the President’s directive and immediately reopened the accounts.
“The lien has been lifted. EFCC cannot ignore the presidential order. I can confirm to you that it was done immediately.

“If it was not lifted, the Osun State Government would have made it a campaign issue. The fact that they are not talking about it shows it has been done,” he said.
FURTHER READING
- Osun: APC Candidate, Oyebamiji Speaks After Losing To Adeleke
- Oba Ogunlaja Accepts NBA Epe Patronage, Pledges Support For Justice And Peace
- Abuja Flooding: Wike Visits Maitama, Inspects Drainage Channel





