- Man Crushed to Death While Crossing Lagos-Ibadan Expressway
- Driver Flees
- FRSC Evacuates Remains to OOUTH
A yet-to-be-identified man has been killed in a suspected hit-and-run accident along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway near the OPIC area of Ogun State.
Eko Hot Blog reports that the incident occurred shortly before 1pm on Wednesday on the Lagos-bound carriageway of the expressway.
EDITOR’S PICK
- Mr. President, Osun Has Warned You: The Abuja Boys May Not Know the People
- How Lagos Is Raising a New Generation of ‘Eco Heroes’
- Beyond the Glamour: The Hidden Price Celebrities Pay for Looking Perfect
The victim, said to be a young adult, was reportedly attempting to cross the busy highway when a speeding truck struck and ran over him.
The truck driver allegedly fled the scene immediately after the crash, leaving the victim fatally injured on the road.
The incident caused a temporary disruption to traffic as motorists slowed down and manoeuvred around the crash scene.
An eyewitness, Nojeem, said the victim was crossing the expressway when the truck hit him.
He lamented the frequency of fatal accidents along the busy corridor and called for the construction of a pedestrian bridge to reduce the risks faced by pedestrians attempting to cross the highway.
Confirming the incident, the spokesperson for the Ogun State Traffic Compliance Agency, Babatunde Akinbiyi, described it as a hit-and-run crash at the OPIC bus stop on the Lagos-bound side of the expressway.
Akinbiyi said TRACE officials, alongside personnel of the Amotekun Corps, were deployed to the scene to manage traffic and prevent further disruption.
He added that the crash affected the flow of vehicles while efforts were made to remove the victim’s remains from the carriageway.

In a subsequent update issued around 6pm, Akinbiyi said officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps had evacuated the remains to Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu.
He confirmed that the evacuation had been completed and normal traffic movement restored along the affected section of the expressway.
The incident has once again raised concerns over pedestrian safety and the dangers associated with crossing the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, particularly around busy sections where pedestrian bridges are limited.
FURTHER READING
- UBEC Gives Dropout Girls, Young Mothers Second Chance With Agboju School
- Prepaid Water Meters Will Hurt Poor Households, CAPPA Warns Lagos
- US Diplomat Brandon Hudspeth Arrives in Lagos to Lead Consulate
Click here to watch video of the week





