- Trump warns Oman against interfering with US efforts to reach a deal with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.
- The US president also demands Iran surrender as diplomatic efforts to end the conflict remain stalled.
- Iran and Oman are working on a joint declaration aimed at managing navigation through the strategic waterway.
US President Donald Trump has threatened military action against Oman if the Gulf nation interferes with Washington’s efforts to reach an agreement with Iran over the Strait of Hormuz.
Eko Hot Blog reports that Trump issued the warning on Monday during an interview with Fox News journalist Trey Yingst, as diplomatic efforts surrounding the strategically important waterway continued.
EDITOR’S PICK
- How Lagos Achieved 57.4% Exclusive Breastfeeding Rate
- Shaibu Lists Nigeria’s Biggest Security Challenges
- Vote, Protect Your Mandate, Governor Adeleke Urges Residents Ahead of August 15 Polls.
“If Oman gets in the way, we’ll bomb the shit out of them,” Trump said, referring to talks between Oman and Iran over arrangements for maritime navigation through the strait.
The remarks came as Iran and Oman continued negotiations on how shipping could operate through the Strait of Hormuz, a vital international waterway that has been severely affected by the ongoing conflict in the region.
Iranian authorities said Monday that the two countries were working towards a joint declaration on the issue.
Oman has traditionally played a diplomatic role between Iran and Western countries and has been involved in efforts to facilitate communication between Washington and Tehran. The latest negotiations have focused on restoring or managing maritime traffic through the Strait of Hormuz, which is one of the world’s most important routes for energy shipments.

The strait has remained heavily restricted since Iran effectively closed it at the beginning of the conflict on February 28.
Shipping through the waterway has fallen sharply, raising concerns over global energy supplies and contributing to pressure on oil markets. Reuters reported that only a handful of vessels were able to transit the strait over the weekend as diplomatic efforts stalled.
Trump has repeatedly asserted that Washington should have control over the strategic waterway.
He previously suggested that he could declare the Strait of Hormuz part of US territory after the war, a position rejected by Tehran, which insists that the waterway remains under Iranian control.
The latest threat against Oman has added another layer of tension to an already volatile diplomatic situation. The Gulf country is a US ally but has maintained relations with Iran and has served as an important intermediary in regional diplomacy.
Trump also called on Iran to surrender, saying the country should “put up the white flag of surrender.” He said he was not in a hurry to conclude a deal with Tehran despite the mounting pressure surrounding the conflict.
According to reports of the interview, Trump also confirmed that his administration maintains a direct back-channel with officials of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. He described Iranian officials as “good poker players” but claimed they were under severe pressure because of the war.
The US president’s comments came as efforts to revive negotiations between Washington and Tehran faced renewed difficulties. Iran has warned that it could escalate military operations if diplomacy fails, while the United States continues to demand major concessions from Tehran.
The crisis has also raised concerns about the global economy because the Strait of Hormuz carries a significant share of international oil and gas shipments. Any prolonged disruption could further affect energy prices, shipping costs and inflation in countries dependent on Middle Eastern energy supplies.
With Iran and Oman seeking to establish a framework for navigation through the strait while Washington pushes for its own arrangements, Trump’s latest warning threatens to further complicate efforts to restore stability in the region.
FURTHER READING





